Thursday, August 16, 2012

Urban Table WIP


   For a long time I'm been thinking on building a table for modern wargames. Between day chores I fuzz with the table ideia always wondering when I actually will debut a game in it (All Things Zombies would be great!). This week I had a cool idea: What if the table were magnetized? So the chances of overthrowing a miniature or building would be little! I bought some  magnetized sheets and covered the blocks with it. I glued fine sand on the street for texture black paint and than drybrushed gray and white. The table base is hardboard 4mm.



    Já faz um bom tempo que estou fazendo uma mesa para jogos de wargames urbanos e entre os afazeres do dia-a-dia quando sobra um tempo eu fuço um pouco com a mesa sempre sonhando em quando vou realmente estrear um jogo nela (All Things Zombies seria ótimo!!!). Esta semana tive uma idéia bacana: E se a mesa fosse magnetizada? Assim as chances de derrubar uma miniatura ou o cenário seriam bem menores! Arrumei então ums folhas magnetizadas e utilizei para fazer os quarteirões as ruas foram texturizadas com areia fina e pintadas por drybrush. A base da mesa é de chapa dura de 4mm.



 To paste the magnetized sheet, I used the very glue that comes in it and it is horrible but as it was only for testing its ok. If my plan were to be good I would stick with wood glue and paint a concrete texture on it. I printed some of my buildings to scale with the miniatures and put some thin strips of magnetized sheet at its base to adhere to the magnet on the table. I use metal washer for my minitaures and they adhered well on the magnet sheet.

 Para colar a folha magnetizada utilizei a própria cola que vem nela que é horrível e já está descolando mas como era somente para testar tá de boa se funcionasse eu iria colar com cola de madeira e pintar um tom de concreto. Impressos alguns prédios para escala de minhas miniaturas, coloquei algumas tiras finas da folha magnetizada em sua base para que aderissem ao imã da mesa. A base de minhas miniaturas de 15 mm são arruelas de metal e em teste prévio pude ver que elas aderiram bem.



   After i placed the minis and the buildings on the scenario I turned the table 45 degrees and it worked!Nothing fell off the table.

   Colocadas as miniaturas e os prédios do cenário virei a mesa em 45o e tudo funcionou uma maravilha! Nada caiu da mesa.




   Now I can play without worry of  bumping away the minis or buildings of the scenario (I'm worse than Godzilla to take down the buildings LoL!!) The only thing left to do is to glue the sheets with some resilient glue, paint, print more buildings and it will be ready for gaming!!! 

    Agora posso jogar com menos preocupações de ficar esbarrando nas miniaturas ou no cenário (sou pior que Godzilla para derrubar os prédios kkkkkkkkkk!!!!) Só falta colar melhor as folhas imantadas, pintá-las e fazer mais prédios e estarei pronto para estrear.

No comments:

Post a Comment